Working for Council
Located 60 kilometres south west of the Sydney GPO, Camden Council is one of Australia’s fastest growing Local Government Area's.
It is an exciting time to join an evolving, adaptive and future focused organisation. The extraordinary growth is both challenging and rewarding, and offers employees unique opportunities to:
- Experience a vastly diverse organisation that is truly connected and dedicated to the local community
- Engage in and lead organisational growth and development projects
- Participate in cross functional projects and teams
- Operate at the forefront of delivering services to a rapidly growing community
Council offers a broad range of great career opportunities across a variety of skill areas. For more information about the broad range of careers available in Local Government view the Local Government Careers website.
Employment at Camden Council attracts generous employment and working conditions including:
- Flexi time opportunities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Bi-annual performance reviews
- An Employee Reward and Recognition program
- Long service leave payable after 5 years of service
- Paid Parental Leave
- An active Social Club with regular events, BBQs and activities
- A comprehensive Health and Wellbeing Program
- Discounted gym membership
- Training and development opportunities including access to education assistance with both financial assistance and study leave
- Supplied or subsidised uniform
- On Site Parking
Council is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) workplace.
We promote diversity in the workplace and have a culture that is inclusive, respectful and embraces the unique skills and qualities of all people.
We are committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
Should you have any special need that requires accommodation, please don’t hesitate to contact the People & Learning Team.
Council is committed to supporting youth development and employment offering traineeship and apprenticeship opportunities to our community.
If you have a positive attitude, want to learn a new skill and gain knowledge, enjoy working in a team and want to get paid while you complete a nationally recognised qualification, this could be your next step!
We provide a range of traineeship and apprenticeship opportunities across a broad range of areas including Business Administration, Library Services, IT, Human Resources, Engineering, Finance, Events Horticulture and Civil Construction.