Draft Camden Spaces and Places Strategy
The Camden LGA is undergoing rapid urban growth, which is resulting in changes to the community profile, urbanisation of once rural landscapes is placing pressures on existing social infrastructure. The draft Camden Spaces and Places Strategy aims to address these challenges and provide a strategic framework and action plan to support the significant role that Council plays in the provision of open space, play spaces and community facilities to meet the needs of current and future populations.
Some of the recommendations of the strategy include:
- Identify gaps in the provision of open space, recreation spaces and community facilities;
- Project the future demands and need for such facilities, considering the projected population growth;
- Establish best practice benchmarks and agreed definition of terms;
- Provide an action plan and priorities to meet the needs of the current and future population of the Camden LGA
- Inform future capital works improvement plans; and
- Inform and guide social infrastructure planning for future urban development in the Camden.
The draft Camden Spaces and Places Strategy is on public exhibition until 28 October 2020. A copy of the strategy can be found below:
Comments on the draft Camden Spaces and Places Strategy are welcome and written submissions must be received by close of business on 28 October 2020.
Submissions may be emailed to email@example.com or alternatively in writing, addressed to: The General Manager, Camden Council, PO BOX 183, CAMDEN NSW 2570
Should you require further information, please contact Council on (02) 4654 7777.