Camden Youth Week Activities
NSW Youth Week is the largest celebration of young people across the state and in April this year 4,222 Camden young people aged 12 to 25 years participated in local youth week activities.
Youth Week will be held this year from Wednesday 10 - Thursday 18 April 2019. The 2019 Camden Youth Week program is available to download by clicking here.
A number of local events and activities have been organised by various youth and community service organisations in partnership with Camden Council and the Camden Youth Council to celebrate NSW Youth Week annually.
Some of the events included in this year's Camden Youth Week program include:
- Camden Youth Council's $5 Movie Night at United Cinemas Narellan screening Shazam!
- Camden Shorts - Showcasing a series of live performances for and by young people including dance, live music and theatre
- Bring Your Own Beat - A jam session at Camden Civic Centre for young people to share their tunes and listen to local music
- YMCA NSW StreetgYm program and the inaugural Mount Annan Youth Fest - A music festival event raising awareness for youth mental health and providing emerging local young musicians the opportunity to perform, coordinated by YMCA NSW and local music producer Isaac Lewis from Waratah Records.
- Various sporting activities at YMCA Mount Annan Leisure Centre including Yoga, Challenge Accepted, Weight Lifting Workshop, Late Night Volleyball, 3 on 3 Basketball, Gorilla Dodge Ball
- #whyichoose Youth Solutions campaign launch for 2019 held at various high schools in the Camden LGA
- Coffee and Chocolate Workshop organised by the Macarthur Centre for Sustainable Living - Click here to book your free spot online!
- Sporting Fun Day organised by Australian Foundation for Disability
- JumpZone fun with Macarthur Diversity Services
- Free Skateboarding Clinic at Kirkham Skate Park
- Camden Bike Party with a BMX focus organised by Youth Services Australia
- Studio Recording Induction, Bar Brushes & Pizza, Games Day and Writing for Shorts with Luke Carman at Camden Council Library Services
- Bounce Town - Camden Council's inflatable extravaganza featuring a range of bouncy obstacle courses and inflatable castles
- Youth Fest - a free event focusing on raising awareness of Youth Mental Health in the Camden area
For more details about future Camden Youth Week activities, contact Camden Council's Community Project Officer, Youth Services, on 4645 5021 or via email