Cultural Fusion Art Sale
Calling all local artists to participate in Cultural Fusion Art Sale 2023! As part of Camden Council's Cultural Fusion program, this exhibition presents an opportunity for emerging and established artists to exhibit and sell their works with no entry fee or commission.
This is an open exhibition, inviting entries across painting, drawing, textiles, sculpture, interdisciplinary mediums and photography.
There will be two Cultural Fusion exhibitions which will be open for viewing during Camden Civic Centre's opening hours and Cultural Fusion events. Dates are as follows (subject to change):
- Spring Exhibition: Thursday 28 September to Thursday 23 November 2023
- Summer Exhibition: Saturday 20 January to Saturday 24 February 2024
Submissions for the Summer Exhibition are now open and will close on Monday 15 January at 9am
Image by Fluential Studio
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
- Pieces must be the original work of the entrant.
- Works must have been completed in the last 2 years.
- One work by each artist may be entered per exhibition which will remain on display until the exhibition concludes and can then be collected by the artist or buyer.
- Artists will be responsible for their own sales. Artists give permission for Camden Council to pass on contact details or payment details for direct transfer (including BSB and Account Number) to buyers.
- Entrants must work, study or live in the Macarthur region.
- Entrants agree to the reproduction of their work for the purpose of marketing and promotion of the Cultural Fusion program and other Camden Council cultural events.
- Artists must gain permission from any people depicted in the submitted work or gain permission from a family member if the subject of the work is deceased.
- If your work contains a photograph or realistic depiction of a child under the age of 16 years, you must provide written and signed permission for you to enter the work into this exhibition from the child's parent or guardian.
- Works considered by the curatorial team as offensive will be ineligible and you will be notified prior to exhibition if this is the case. Council is committed to maintaining and supporting events that include participation from the broader community and are not discriminatory or offensive in any way.
Size of artwork:
Framed artworks should not exceed one (1) square metre in total. Diptychs/ triptychs/quadtychs must include all works/components, plus framing, to comply with the one square metre size requirements.
Sculptures must not exceed 100cm wide x 100cm high x 100cm deep and the maximum weight of 20kg. Sculptures must be freestanding and cannot be hung.
Photographic works should not exceed 0.25 square metres. All other conditions of entry apply.
Artworks must be dry, framed (except wide-edged stretched canvases which must be fixed to the back of the frame and not to the sides) and ready to be hung with an attached cord (using D rings or cord professionally stapled to the back of the frame). Screw eyes will not be accepted.
Artworks must be clearly marked on the back with your NAME, TITLE OF WORK, EDITION NUMBER and PRICE.
All photographs and prints must be limited and have the edition number clearly marked.
Artists will allow their work to be reproduced by print and electronic media for the promotion of the exhibition and for archival uses. The artist warrants that they are the copyright owner of their submitted work and that their artwork does not infringe the moral rights of third parties. The organisers have the right to supply contact details of the artist for promotional purposes.
Exhibitors are responsible for maintaining their own insurance cover. The committee will exercise reasonable care with all works submitted but will not be responsible for loss, theft, or damage to any such works while in its custody.
Delivery of artworks:
Applicants will be contacted by Friday 15 December to confirm selection of artworks.
Selected artworks will be accepted at Camden Civic Centre, Cnr Oxley & Mitchell Street, Camden from Monday 15 January to Thursday 18 January, 9am – 5pm. Exhibitors must arrange their own delivery of works.
Collection of artworks: Artworks can be collected on Tuesday 27 February 2023, 9am – 5pm. Receipt or proof of identity must be presented to collect artwork. Entries not collected within 2 weeks of exhibition closure will be disposed of.
Entries for Summer Exhibition Close: Monday 15 January, 9am
Works Delivered: Monday 15 January to Thursday 18 January, 9am – 5pm
Exhibition and Sale: Saturday 20 January 2023 to Saturday 24 February 2024 during set Camden Civic Centre viewing hours and Cultural Fusion events
Works Collected: Tuesday 27 February 2023, 9am – 5pm
Cultural Fusion Art Sale Entry Form - Spring Exhibition