Camden Kerbside Exhibition - Who I Am
Who I Am is a curated street exhibition, on exhibition from late February to April 2023, that will feature artworks created by the local community. Artworks will be displayed on guard rails, planter boxes, bus shelters, and bins along Argyle Street, Mitchell Street, Murray Street, and Oxley Street. This exhibition will provide a colourful streetscape and an opportunity for visitors and locals to admire the enormous talent of the Camden community.
Submissions are now closed.
Conditions of Entry
- Artists must live, study or work within the Macarthur region (Camden, Campbelltown or Wollondilly LGAs). All ages are invited to submit their artworks.
- Up to 3 artworks may be entered as high-resolution images suitable for large scale reproduction.
- Artworks entered should explore themes of identity and individuality by expressing unique factors that are important to and shape one's perception of self. This may include, but is not limited to, factors such as: age, gender, culture, relationships, beliefs, values, experiences, traits, passions, appearance, or social roles. Artworks may focus on one aspect of identity or several. Artworks can contain other imagery, as long as the work is predominantly focused on representing sense of self. Any artworks that do not fit this description will not be accepted.
- Artists allow their works to be reproduced by print and electronic media for the promotion of the exhibition and for archival uses.
- Pieces must be the original work of the entrant. Artists warrant that they are the copyright owner of all submitted artworks and that their artworks do not infringe the moral rights of third parties.
- Artists between the ages of 5 and 12 must have permission from a parent or guardian.
- The artist's name will be displayed on the work.
- Artworks considered by the curatorial team to be offensive or unrelated to the theme of the exhibition will be ineligible. If this is the case, you will be notified prior to exhibition. Council is committed to maintaining and supporting events that are not discriminatory or offensive in any way and include participation from our diverse community.
- Artworks must not depict nudity or violence.
If you would like to receive information about similar opportunities for artists and creatives, please register yourself on the Creative at Camden Directory. If you have any questions about the newest Camden Kerbside Exhibition, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faces of Camden, April – June 2022. Photographer: Eddie Lim