COVID-19 Business Digital Adaptation and Innovation Grant
THIS FUNDING ROUND IS NOW CLOSED
Camden Council (Council) recognises that businesses in the Camden Local Government Area (LGA) are being impacted during the Covid-19 pandemic.
The COVID-19 Digital Adaptation and Innovation Business Grant (the Grant) addresses the challenges faced by local small businesses that are impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. The Grant will make funding available to sole traders and small businesses located in the Camden LGA who are trying to pivot their operations in response to COVID-19. The Grant is designed to assist with the application of digital solutions or upgrades in order for a business to adapt their offering and/or service delivery for business continuity.
A total of up to $15,000 (exc. GST) is available for each eligible application. Funds may be used for digital adaptation initiative including, but not limited to, purchase of software or digital hardware, website development, innovation of processes, or engagement of third parties to provide services supporting businesses.
Applications for this Grant can be made at any time from 30 April until 31 May 2020.
The program guidelines and operating procedures ensure grants from Council are dealt with in a fair and equitable manner, and are consistent with the principles of community wellbeing.
To be eligible for funding, a business must:
- Conduct primary business operations within the Camden LGA; and
- Be a sole trader or small business with an annual turn-over of up to $2,000,000; and
- Commit to deliver the digital adaptation or innovation project (the project) within three months of receipt of grant funds.
The following criteria will form the basis of assessment:
- Demonstrate how the business has been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Demonstrate how the digital upgrade or innovation will facilitate business continuity or adaptability through the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Demonstrate capacity to undertake and deliver the project within three months of receipt of grant funds; and
- Detail the expenses that the requested grant will cover.
This funding is only available as a one-off to each eligible business. Applications for recurrent funding will not be considered.
- Applications should provide information to meet the eligibility criteria.
- All supporting documentation is to be provided with the application form.
- Evidence of where money will be spent through documentation (e.g. quotes) should also be submitted with the application.
- Note: there are a number of mandatory fields when filling out your application and a list of mandatory documents in section 4 - it is recommended you have these documents on hand before beginning your application.
Applications will be considered by an allocation committee of Council Officers and recommendations will be considered and endorsed by Council.
If you have any questions regarding the grant please contact Project Coordinator Economy & Place on (02) 4654 7777 or email email@example.com.