COVID-19 Business Quick Response Grant
THIS FUNDING ROUND IS NOW CLOSED
Camden Council (Council) recognises that businesses in the Camden Local Government Area (LGA) are being impacted during the Covid-19 pandemic.
The COVID-19 Quick Response Business Grant (the Grant) addresses the challenges faced by local small businesses that are impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. The Grant will make funding available to sole traders and small businesses located in the Camden LGA who are struggling to meet their short-term operational commitments. The Grant is designed to bridge the time gap when applying for State and Federal financial assistance.
A total of up to $2,000 (exc. GST) is available for each eligible application. Funds can be used for operational expenses including, but not limited to, payroll costs, rent, utility bills, purchase of stock, payment of services, and marketing and promotions.
Applications to this Grant can be made at any time from 30 April until 14 May 2020.
The program guidelines and operating procedures ensure grants from Council are dealt with in a fair and equitable manner, and are consistent with the principles of community wellbeing.
To be eligible for funding, a business must:
- Conduct primary business operations within the Camden LGA;
- Be a sole trader or small business with an annual turn-over of up to $2,000,000;
- Expend the grant funds on operational expenses directly relating to the business; and
- Expend the grant funds within one month of receipt of monies.
The following criteria will form the basis of assessment:
- Demonstrate how the business has been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Detail the expenses that the requested grant will cover; and
- Demonstrate that the requested funds are to cover costs relating to the immediate operational needs of the business, i.e. costs incurred within one month of receipt of grant monies.
This funding is only available as a one-off to each eligible business. Applications for recurrent funding will not be considered.
- Applications should provide information to meet the eligibility criteria.
- All supporting documentation is to be provided with the application form.
- Evidence of where money will be spent through documentation (e.g. quotes or invoices) should also be submitted with the application.
- Note: there are a number of mandatory fields when filling out your application and a list of mandatory documents in section 4 - it is recommended you have these documents on hand before beginning your application.
Applications will be considered by an allocation committee of Council Officers and recommendations will be considered and endorsed by Council.
If you have any questions regarding the grant please contact Project Coordinator Economy & Place on (02) 4654 7777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.