Right to Information - Government Information (Public Access) Act (GIPA Act)
New legislation replacing the Freedom of Information Act 1989 and Section 12, 12A, 12B and 13 of the Local Government Act 1993 came into effect on 1 July 2010:
As such, Council has provided the following information in regards to the changes to your Right to Information.
- About Government Information (Public Access) Act - find out what Government Information (Public Access) Act (GIPAA) is and what it means for you.
- Agency Information Guide - A list of available information that will provide you with details about Council, including our services, finances, priorities, decisions and policies.
- Accessing Information - Your options for accessing information from our Council.
- Making an Application - How to lodge an application for information under GIPA or PPIPA and amend information under Privacy.
- Review of Decisions - Request a review about decisions relating to Government Information or Privacy Information.
- Registers - View a list of GIPA Act applications in Council's Disclosure Log of Applications, Council's Government Contracts Register and a record of Voting on Planning Matters.
- Feedback & Enquiries - Provide feedback or obtain further information about GIPA Act or PPIPA Act by contacting Council's Right to Information Officer.