Making An Application
Where information is unable to be accessed online, "Informal Applications" may be lodged.
Information that may be accessed via an Informal Application includes:
- The Informal release where Council is encouraged to release information in response to a request either via this website, customer service centres, libraries, public noticeboards, etc.
There is no timeframe imposed on Council by the Act to provide this information. The public is entitled to inspect these documents either on this website (unless there is an unreasonable additional cost to Council to publish these documents on this website) or at the office of the Council during ordinary office hours. It should be noted that copies can be supplied for reasonable copying charges as set by Council's fees and charges.
A copy of Council's Informal Application form can be accessed here
While Council proactively releases much information to the community about our activities, the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 provides a formal means of requesting access to information held by Council that is not normally publicly available.
Requests for access to information (formal requests) must be made in the approved form and be accompanied by the application fee. Sufficient detail must be provided to enable Council to identify the information requested.
Please note, an application will be invalid if it seeks access to excluded information of Council or does not meet the formal requirements for an access application.
An application must:
- be in writing;
- specify it is made under the GIPA Act;
- state an Australian Postal address;
- be accompanied by the $30 fee; and
- provide sufficient detail to enable Council to identify the information requested.
Under the Act, Council has twenty (20) working days to determine how to deal with a formal application.
A copy of Council's Formal Application can be accessed here.
Submitting Your Application
Completed applications, both informal and formal, should be sent to:
The General Manager
PO Box 183
CAMDEN NSW 2570
Or email: email@example.com
Or fax to: (02) 4654 7829
The Formal Application Fees & Charges
The Formal Application processing fee is $30.00. Cheque or money order must be made payable to Camden Council.
In addition to the application fee, you may be charged for the following:
- Processing charge is $30/hour. The processing charge covers the time necessarily spent dealing efficiently with the application.
- Council may request an advance deposit, advising of the estimated processing charge and giving at least four (4) weeks for payment to be made. Advance Deposit can be up to 50% of the processing time.
Applicants are entitled to a 50% reduction of processing charges on financial hardship grounds - "in Council's opinion the reasons that the person was unable to pay the fees and charges were beyond the person's control, or, that the payment of the fees and charges would cause the person hardship" or if the information requires is of special benefit to the public generally.