Drives for Learners in Macarthur - Booklet
Drives for Learners in Macarthur is a joint project between Camden, Campbelltown City and Wollondilly Shire Council's. The Booklet aims to provide Learner Drivers and their supervisors with a number of pre-planned routes that could be driven by the Learner Driver in an effort to increase their level of experience in varied driving conditions and assist in accruing driving time towards the minimum 120 hours required during the Learner Licensing phase.
Copies of the booklet can be obtained from the Roads and Maritime Services Campbelltown, Ingleburn and Narellan, from Campbelltown or Camden Council offices, or you can download a PDF version of the booklet here.
Log Book Run Events
In addition to the booklet, a Day Time Log Book Run event is offered to the community 4 times per year. The Log Book Run event is an organised drive based on a route from the booklet which learner drivers and their supervisors are invited to attend. The Log Book Run provides:
- A structured day including orientation, breath teasting, license - registration - and vehicle checks, pit stops, check points, morning tea and lunch;
- Map and instructions;
- Convert and overt speed monitoring
- Police involvement;
- Window mounted flags and window mounted car numbers for easy identification of participants;
- Staggered start to avoid large groups of learners in one place;
- Emergency contact numbers and Tail Vehicle for added safety;
- The opportunity for participants to meet, talk with and learn from other Learner Drivers and Supervisors.
One month following each Log Book Run (except those that occur during Daylight Savings months) a Night Time Log Book Run is held. With the added difficulty of reading and driving at night, the night time event is only offered to participants that have attended a Day Time Log Book Run event as they already have an understanding of the structure and running of the event and know how to use the route guides and maps. A different route to the Day Time event is used for the Night Time Log Book Run.
The Day Time Log Book Run will be advertised prior to the event in the Campbelltown and Camden Advertiser Newspapers.
Upcoming Log Book Run Dates
- Sunday 15 December 2013
- Sunday 16 March 2014
- Sunday 15 June 2014
Bookings are essential.
To book, please contact the Road Safety Officer on 4645 5046.