Camden Civic Centre Cultural Performance Subsidy
The Civic Centre Cultural Performance Subsidy Program provides an amount of funds to provide Civic Centre fee relief for not for profit performance groups. Events subsidised under the policy form part of the annual Camden Civic Centre cultural program.
The program guidelines and operating procedures ensure that monetary or in-kind donation requests to Council are dealt with in a fair and equitable manner, and are consistent with the principles of community wellbeing. The program aims to:
• To increase accessibility to the Civic Centre venue for not for profit community performance groups;
• To enhance community awareness and involvement in cultural performances and heighten the profile of community performance groups; and
• To enhance community wellbeing, sense of belonging through exposure to high quality cultural events and activities that are of interest to key demographic groups.
• Applications for cultural performances scheduled to be held at Camden Civic Centre in the July to June period, dates must coincide with availability of the facility;
• Funds will be available to non government organisations who are not for profit and or community groups either based in the Camden LGA or undertaking a performance of direct benefit to the community and people of Camden LGA;
• Applications may be for a portion of venue hire costs up to the value of and not exceeding $1200 (excluding GST). (Funds provide for either the cost of the Auditorium on a Saturday evening, or a day hire of the Auditorium and Gallery for six hours from Sunday to Friday).
Proposed events must:
• Demonstrate value to both the Camden community and Camden Council through the provision of high quality cultural performances;
• Involve participation and audience from local residents;
• Indicate local support either financial or in kind;
• Show evidence that the proposed activity is well planned and likely to attract the target audience; and
• Contribute to the Annual Civic Centre cultural program.
Preference is given where:
• Funding will provide opportunity for the community to access high quality entertainment;
• There is limited opportunity for funding to come from other sources;
• Partnership arrangements are in place between organisations; and
• Events are scheduled to fall within the July to June period, immediately following the June funding round.
• Political parties;
• For profit, government, business or private organizations;
• Reoccurring events within the funding period, (note that an organisation is entitled to stage self funded events in the same funding period and it also recognised that sme groups provide a broad range of performances which may target different sections of the community which may be considered).
• Events not planned to be held within the Civic Centre facilities;
• An organisation with substantial unallocated resources; and
• For events to be staged in consecutive funding rounds.
• Successful applicants must not vary the purpose or date of the grant without written approval from Council;
• The applicant must provide a copy of their most recent audited financial statement where available;
• Successful applicants must acknowledge Council's financial contribution through:
o Joint promotion;
o Acknowledgement of Council's support;
o Invitation extended to Council representatives to be present;
o The inclusion of Council's logo on all promotional material;
o A brief evaluation on the outcome of the event is required within one month of the event.
• One funding round will be held in June each year, with amounts of up to $1200 allocated to events scheduled to be staged within the July to June period following the funding round;
• Funding applications will be assessed against the policy objectives with recommendations to Council for endorsement;
• Where the full funding allowance and/or a broad program of events has not been supported, Camden Civic Centre management will source an additional three events to meet the needs of the community, ensuring key demographic groups are catered for within the funded program and calendar of events;
• Any other remaining balance of funds will be utilised to fund one off events that meet the criteria outside of the funding round; funding will not exceed $400 for any event funded;
• The program will be advertised broadly through local media, all Council websites, Let's Connect, Civic Centre publications, and direct target mail distribution;
• Information packages including applications will be provided to applicants on request.
All payments under this policy will be limited to one hall hire donation in any financial year and will be paid directly to the Camden Civic Centre account.
For further information or to discuss your application please call Camden Civic Centre on 4655 8681 or visit the Civic Centre Website.